Yesterday was an unprecedented day as most days can be.  It was like someone had decided to smack me around the side of the head with a massive 4×4 plank of wood – which would also explain the splitting headache I have had since yesterday afternoon, that I am still trying to recover from and would explain why I am sat at my desk with my sunglasses on the curtains drawn but the windows open.

The morning started much as any other, I was still feeling a little raw from having done some mental battling over the last couple of days and not feeling quite right.  However with my husband keeping an ever watchful eye we have been able to muddle through those muddy murky patches that we both occasional get and manage to keep both of us sane – if that is what you can describe it as. I find that sanity is such a pejorative term and seems to fluctuate with the ages and whomever is using. For society it is what is deemed as sociably accepted by the terms, for individuals it is what is deemed not to far outside of their own code of ethics – again though this is heavily influenced by the notion of social norms and normality.  I personally class myself as neither normal or sane mainly because I found the normal mundane and boring and sanity leads to the latter.  Then I tend to follow this up with the argument if I know am insane does that actually make me sane as only a sane person could know their insane and an insane person would think there sane. I then find people trying to work this out interesting and watching their reactions interesting as they come to realizations of are the ones that are actually insane and I sane or the other way round.  However I digress away from the topic of this blog.

Although to be fair this was very much the way of my day yesterday I would start one thing, the phone would go.  I would get distracted and then I would have to start again on what ever I was doing previously.  This initially began with a phone call from my mother in law – who called back after Sundays call where I was, as noted above, dealing with some muddy waters.  If anything my brightened state helped to re-assure her that I was not about to do anything stupid and we had a lovely chat about the weather events for the day and her time away in Invernesss and the Black isle in a couple of weeks time.  In addition to this I have my sister’s birthday coming up next week so I have ordered her, her birthday present.  Something which she has been pestering my partner and I for, for some time – in fact since she came to visit us just over a year ago now.

However whilst in the middle of the conversation with my mother in law I received a call from channel 3 communications in relation to a job application I had made for an initial conversation.  This appeared to go well and then when I looked up from this it was close to 1300 and I had to get ready to go to the DHSS an event I dread every two weeks but these things must be done.  However I am usually quite lucky as the know I am trying to find work and so I don’t usually get too much of a hard time from them.  In fact I personally think they find it difficult dealing with professionals who want to work and pull out all the stops to do so.  Yesterday however turned out to be more productive than usual and I came away with some interesting points of contacts, a few changes to my search agreement but everything was positive and a new intervention interview booked in for a months time to go through things once more.  However I am hoping this wont be the case.

To top this off I then received another phone call about a front of office managers role which I had applied for in London, not quite what I was looking for but it was a job and I had the majority of the skill sets so thought hey ho – let us throw my hat in the arena and see what happens.  So a good 30 minutes later – basically my bus drive from home to the DHSS office I had a conversation about what I was looking for what I could offer a company my salary expectations and where I was prepared to be flexible.  The agent on the other side of the phone sounded some what overwhelmed and whoa this is someone who knows what they are doing by the time we had finished with her giving my credit on my approach of using skills rather than job title to hunt, and manipulating those skills to fit a tight and difficult market economy at the moment.  Unfortunately this role was not meant to be as they wanted someone with a lot more experience within the building arena, which although my father is a bricklayer by trade, and I have worked for civil engineering company for the last 16 months was not quite sufficient or the right mix they needed.  For those now reading this and saying you did not say about your father in the conversation did you – I can assure no I did not.

I had also had a telephone call from a dear friend the night before telling my about October’s Writing magazine, unfortunately they had sold out by the time I went in to get it and so managed to pick up the November issue instead which has lots of useful information about NANOWRIMO, which for those of you who are not aware is NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth, in which people from across the globe attempt to write 50000 words towards a novel.  I have been doing this for the past two years but have not yet been successful as a result of work commitments, however this year I am hoping to get past the 20k mark and make it to the 50k mark or beyond.  The idea of which is based on the fresh ideas blog from the other day.

Anyway I then got home to discover a missed call from the Channel 3 who wish to advance my application with a more formal telephone conversation with the head of recruitment today.  So once I finish here I will be completing my preparation for this which takes place in a little over 2 hours time.  Nervous yes but content in that I can offer what they need.

Once all this was sorted I had little over an hour to gather myself together as my partner and I went on our first ever stable management course.  The course is being held by my step-daughters riding school at Goulds Green near Hayes.  It was an interesting evening as we learnt the basics and importance of grooming and we also had the opportunity to do so myself.  I faced my fear of hoof picking and the fear it would either hurt or I would get kicked.  Neither happened and Nelson who i was teamed with was a perfect gentlemen.  To the point he was getting frustrated when the grooming was stopped and kept head butting us all to continue which was rather sweet.  I also had the pleasure of stabling him for the evening which was great and thoroughly enjoyable.  Both my partner and I really enjoyed the event and would like to move it onto to doing the full course and maybe the accelerated riding options, which would give us a certificate in stable management level 1 and the basics in being a riding instructor.

The event was supposed to be 90 minutes long, 2 hours later we were all still there feeding the horses and having a lovely time but at this point it was time to leave.  For me it was just long enough has the headache was bordering a migraine status and I was starting to pale as my husband calls it.  We drove home and upon getting there I was violently ill before even reaching the confines of our flat.  This only meant that I ended up getting to the flat finding a cold flannel and falling into bed to try to remove the headache before today.  Unfortunately as noted above this has not happened but the urge to be ill has been removed and the use of the shades is enabling me to be able to focus on the screen without too many difficulties.
However I fear that I may have bored you readers for long enough now and I should prep for my interview, so a I bid you all a glorious sunny day as it is here and I hope to write some more for you tomorrow